|Avalon, Lower Hutt
- Located in Avalon, Lower Hutt
- Busy role with lots of variety
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level.
This role requires a strong financial administrator who can lead from the front.
Reporting to the company Directors and Accountants, you will ensure that your team, branches, and related companies complete all accounts tasks to a high standard and in an efficient manner.
We are seeking an experienced person who can work independently in this trusted role.
What the position will involve:
- Managing & overall responsibility of the administration workflow for the company.
- Managing the General Ledger to Trial Balance stage (the company has several different departments and branches)
- Ability to prepare the monthly Statement of Financial Performance and assist in the preparation of budgets.
- Assisting the company accountants with the annual Financial Reports
- Assisting with the preparation of the 2-monthly GST Returns
- Managing the Fixed Asset Schedule and related funding for the company (over 600 items)
- Managing the accounting for many leases
- Managing AR and AP
- Managing aged debtors
- Bank and credit reconciliations
- Managing PPSR registrations for a large hire fleet
- Planning of time, working with our branches and sales teams to meet monthly deadlines.
Who are we looking for:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Sound administration and a high-level NZ accounting background including GST experience.
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Flexibility to undertake a variety of tasks.
- Be systems savvy – having Orion Software experience desirable but not essential.
- Good relationship skills – the ability to work as part of a vibrant team.
- Initiative and the capacity to manage your time efficiently.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Accounting qualifications desirable, but not essential
This is a demanding but rewarding position for a well organised person who is strong with attention to detail, is adaptable and likes a challenge.
CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org